Wednesday, September 16, 2009

L'enfer (Wormhole to Paris, 12 September)

Catching up on a post meant for last Saturday, September 12th. We met up with a great friend in Paris, Catherine "Katy" Wallace. Katy went to graduate school with my mother and they have been close friends ever since (and I have had the luck to spend time with Katy since I was a wee lad pretending to be a student at UCR while my mother took me to classes because a babysitter couldn't be had?).

Katy grew up in Liverpool alongside John and Paul and used to head straight to "The Cave" at lunch break from her civil service job and watch the Beatles play.  

We went to a lovely restaurant, Cafe d'enfer on Rue Daguerre in the 14th, where we were quite entertained by our waittress, had a fine meal, Amy and Katy got to know each other, and Katy and I caught ourselves up on the last six years since we had dinner in San Francisco in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment