Wednesday, September 16, 2009

If I Had Only Known Fondue Would Turn it All Around


Finally found a good dinner in the city center at Walliser Kanne Tuesday night.  That seemed to turn things around immensely.  Below is a postcard that will never get to Sue because we addressed it to her old address on 14th Street.


This dinner was after a day of Amy recklessly cannonballing around Basel on my staffperson Jenny's bicycle.  Amy joined me and my crew for 7-dollar Starbucks coffee drinks (it serves us right for going to Starbucks in Europe) on Tuesday inbetween biking adventures.

Tonight (Wednesday night), after Amy spent a day with my colleague Robert's wife Renee tooling around the German countryside and the Black Forest, we went to a lovely Italian restaurant along the Rhine that I had been to with Robert and Renee previously.  Amy had a crazy ricotta-stuffed gnocchi and Robert, Renee, and I all had the wild boar (can't even start to describe how good the pig was...).  We ended up at R&R's home eating ice cream topped with hot raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment